Pronouns and pronominal cliticization
- Extending the Person–Case Constraint to gender: Agreement, locality, and the syntax of pronouns.
Steven Foley and Maziar Toosarvandani. Linguistic Inquiry, to appear.
- Gender-Case Constraints in Zapotec.
Steven Foley, Nick Kalivoda, and Maziar Toosarvandani. Workshop on Structure and Constituency in Languages of the Americas (WSCLA), to appear, 22.
- Pronoun cliticization, wh-movement, and the Principle of Minimal Compliance.
Steven Foley and Maziar Toosarvandani. North East Linguistic Society (NELS), 2019, 49(1):251–264.
- Forbidden clitic clusters in Zapotec.
Steven Foley, Nick Kalivoda, and Maziar Toosarvandani. Chicago Linguistic Society (CLS), 2019, 53:87–102.
- On reaching agreement early (and late).
Maziar Toosarvandani. In Asking the right questions: Essays in honor of Sandra Chung, Jason Ostrove, Ruth Kramer, and Joseph Sabbagh, eds., 2017, 127–141.
- The derivation of verb initiality in Santiago Laxopa Zapotec.
Jeff Adler, Steven Foley, Jedd Pizarro-Guevara, Kelsey Sasaki, and Maziar Toosarvandani. In A reasonable way to proceed: Essays in honor of Jim McCloskey, Jason Merchant, Line Mikkelsen, Deniz Rudin, and Kelsey Sasaki, eds., 2018, 31–49.